Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls
- Who knew popcorn could be a decadent dessert? You'll love the sweet/salty combination of the popcorn, caramel, and chocolate. And, you'll love how easy these are to make.
This recipe is prepared with the Silver Stone Ceramic Nonstick 13-Piece Cookware Set (K41697).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 25 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 cups salted plain popped popcorn
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Cooking spray
- Melt the caramel candies with the heavy cream and butter in a medium-size saucepan on low heat, stirring often. Add the marshmallows and, stirring often, heat until they're completely melted.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the caramel mixture on top. Working quickly, using a rubber spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray, gently fold the caramel mixture into the popcorn. Immediately, spray your hands with cooking spray and form the popcorn balls into the size of golf balls. Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan with an inch of water and bring it to a boil. Place the chocolate in a small bowl and then melt it over the boiling water. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the popcorn balls with a teaspoon. Then, sprinkle the sea salt on top.