- 1 (18-oz) box of chocolate cake
- 1 (3.4-oz) box butterscotch instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- Cake pop sticks
- 1 (14-oz) bag dark and/or white chocolate melting disks
- 1 container caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 12" piece of Styrofoam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13" x 9" sheet pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil in large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer for 2–3 minutes. Bake the cake for 30–35 minutes. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes and then flip it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Crumble the baked cake into large chunks with your hands. Then, combine with the chocolate frosting and form the mixture into balls. This can be done by hand, but it is easier with a 1.5" or 2" scoop. Insert the cake pop sticks.
- Melt the chocolate disks according to the package directions. Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate, drizzle with caramel topping, and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Place the cake pops in a piece of Styrofoam until set.
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid 721 Series 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer (K39602).