Salt & Pepper Fried Seafood
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb Anderson Seafoods' seafood medley, thawed, well drained, and patted dry
- Lemon wedges
- Heat a deep sauté pan or Dutch oven with 2"–3" oil and bring to about 375°F, or preheat a deep fryer with oil to 375°F.
- Pour the buttermilk into a bowl. Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a second bowl.
- Drain seafood well and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dip the seafood medley into the buttermilk, shake off any excess, and place the seafood into the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour and place gently into the oil. Fry for no more than 1 minute, remove from oil, and let drain on a clean, towel-lined plate before transferring it to a serving plate.
- Scatter scallions over the top and serve with lemon wedges, a dipping sauce, Sriracha sauce, or an aioli. Serves 4.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence.