Salmon en Papillote with Tomatoes & Basil
- 2 4-oz salmon fillets
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 shallot, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut out 2 large squares of parchment paper, about 13'' x 15'' each. Place a fillet of salmon on one half of each piece of paper. Season the fish well with salt and pepper. Toss the shallot and cherry tomatoes together with the olive oil and divide them among the salmon fillets, placing the tomatoes and shallots right on top of the fish.
- Fold up each parchment square. First fold one half of the paper over onto the other half, then make a series of straight folds, each one overlapping the fold that went before.
- Place the two packages onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The package should be puffed up and slightly browned when fully cooked. The fish should feel firm to the touch (you can press on the fish through the paper).
- Rip the package open and sprinkle the basil on top. Transfer each package to a plate and serve. Serves 2.