Salmon Burgers with Wasabi Mayo
- There aren't many foods that pack a nutrient punch quite like salmon. Get your omega 3s...and enjoy every bite with this recipe!
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid 9-Cup Exact Slice Food Processor with French Fry & Dough Attachment (K41122).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 Tbsp wasabi powder
- 1-1/2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 16 oz fresh salmon, cut into 2" chunks
- 2 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- .5 oz fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp unseasoned gluten-free breadcrumbs
- To prepare the mayo, whisk together wasabi powder and water in a small bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in the mayonnaise, ginger, soy sauce, and lemon juice until evenly incorporated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 35 minutes.
- To prepare the burgers, preheat an outdoor grill over high heat. Place all the ingredients, except for the breadcrumbs, into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 12–15 times, or until the mixture is ground, with a few small chunks of salmon. Remove the mixture from the food processor and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Form 4 patties, place them on a plate, and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Lightly brush the outside of each patty with a little vegetable oil to prevent sticking, and place the salmon patties on the hot grill. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until char marks appear. Flip the patties and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the patties reads 155°F, about 4–5 more minutes. Serve the burgers on sesame seed buns and top with the wasabi mayo.