Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic Glaze
- I'll admit that brussels sprouts are not my favorite food, but they're an important part of many holiday celebrations. This classic recipe is too easy and too tasty (according to the ITKWD team!) not to share.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3 lbs trimmed and halved brussels sprouts
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp course ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook the bacon until crisp over medium heat in a large skillet. Remove pan from the heat and remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Save the drippings.
- Place the brussels sprouts, bacon fat, salt, and pepper in a bowl and toss until evenly coated. Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer, flat-side down, on 1 or 2 baking sheets. Roast until cooked through and starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Place the hot brussels sprouts into a bowl and add the balsamic glaze and bacon. Toss together and serve.