- 8 slices of rye bread
- 12 oz cooked corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Russian dressing (recipe follows)
- 4 or 8 slices Swiss cheese (depending on how cheesy you want the sandwich)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp ketchup or chili sauce
- 4 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp minced dill pickle
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Butter or olive oil
- Assemble sandwich by layering the following ingredients in order: slice of rye bread, corned beef, sauerkraut, dressing, cheese, corned beef, and another slice of rye bread.
- Toast the assembled sandwich either in the Rocket Grill or in a skillet, using butter (or olive oil) to brown the sandwich.
** A Reuben sandwich made with coleslaw instead of the sauerkraut is called a Rachel Sandwich.
** You can substitute Thousand Island's Dressing for the Russian dressing if desired.
** Cook your corned beef in the pressure cooker in 1/3 of the regular time. One 4 lb. Corned beef brisket will take about 50 minutes on high pressure.