Pumpkin Pancakes with Salted-Caramel-Bacon Syrup
Makes 10–12 Pancakes
- Celebrate the fall harvest…for breakfast! Spice up your morning pancakes with these simple ingredients and top it all off with homemade salted-caramel-bacon syrup!
This recipe is prepared with the GreenPan 11" I Love Eggs and Pancakes Pancake Pan (K303659).
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz salted caramel ice cream topping
- 8 oz pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp kosher or coarse sea salt
- 3 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- To make the pancakes, whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Combine the mixtures and let the batter rest for 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with melted butter or a non-stick spray. Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look dry and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- To prepare the syrup, combine the salted caramel ice cream topping, syrup, and salt in a medium-size bowl. When ready to use, add in the crumbled bacon. Pour the syrup over the pumpkin pancakes.