Pesto Panzanella Pasta Salad
- Jill's Note: What sets pasta salad apart are the add-ins. In this case, the more (intentionally) colorful the bowl, the better the flavor.
This recipe is prepared with the Genius 16-Cup Salad Chopper (K42267).
- 1 (12-oz) box bow-tie pasta
- 1 block fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut in to 1/4" pieces
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup yellow and green heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 4 cups cubed day-old or toasted Italian bread
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups pesto vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pignoli nuts
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cook the bow tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain, then let the pasta cool. Add the Mozzarella cheese, cherry or grape tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, bread cubes, and red onion to a large bowl and toss together to make the pasta base.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, add the arugula, basil, garlic, Parmesan, and nuts to a blender and pulse until well mixed. Add the vinegar and pulse again until a paste is formed. Set the blender on the lowest setting and slowly drizzle in the oil until well incorporated.
- With a spatula, slowly mix the prepared pesto vinaigrette into the salad until all the ingredients are coated.