- This chewy, wholesome Oatmeal Pie makes a delicious Thanksgiving day breakfast or dessert.
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid Set of 3 Non-Slip Mixing Bowls (K34993).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 9" ready-to-bake deep-dish pie shell
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the oven rack on the lowest position of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Whisk together the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set it aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, molasses, melted butter, vanilla in a medium-size bowl until well mixed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk until the mixtures are evenly incorporated. Pour the batter into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Best served at room temperature.