Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
- Whether it's for a birthday, pool party, or winter holiday, this frozen treat is guaranteed to be popular. Plus, because you freeze it the night before, this easy, no-bake dessert works with your busy schedule. Be sure to save room for seconds!
This recipe is prepared with the Le Creuset 6-Piece Revolution Utensil Set (K300602).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (6-oz) ready-to-use Oreo pie crust
- 1 (1-1/2 gallon) container mint chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- 1-1/4 cups roughly crushed chocolate wafers
- 4 oz whipped topping
- 8 chocolate wafers, halved (optional garnish)
- Chocolate fudge sauce (optional garnish)
- Freeze the pie shell for 1 hour. Evenly spread 1/3 of the ice cream onto the pie crust. Place the crushed wafers over the ice cream layer. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
- Using a spatula, spread the remaining ice cream over the crushed wafers and gently spread until even. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Pipe whipped topping around the border of the pie, if desired, and garnish with the halved wafers and chocolate sauce. Let the pie rest at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.