Mini Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Grab a toothpick, spear one of these, and come back for seconds! My freezer-friendly option allows you to make them ahead and save for later.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 ribs of celery, cut in quarters
- 1/4 of a small onion, peeled
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups blue cheese crumbles
- Buffalo Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- For Serving:
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pulse the carrots, celery, and onion in the bowl of a food processor until minced.
- Place the minced vegetables in a bowl. Add the chicken, garlic, hot sauce, egg, salt, and pepper and mix together. Fold in the blue cheese.
- Form the mixture into 1" balls. Place the meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the meatballs with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the meatballs are cooking, heat the butter and buffalo sauce until butter is melted.
- Place the cooked meatballs and prepared buffalo sauce into a bowl. Toss to coat. Serve with the dressing, celery, and carrot sticks.
To Make Ahead:
- Form the raw meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place into the freezer. Once frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and place in a resealable bag or container. Store in the freezer until needed.
To Cook from Frozen:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place frozen meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the meatballs with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Follow steps above for buffalo sauce and serving.