- We've turned your favorite morning beverage into a delicious dessert. Bring in the new year with my mouthwatering Mimosa Cupcakes.
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid 5-Quart 325-Watt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge (K41660).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sparkling wine or ginger ale
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/8 tsp orange extract
- 1 Tbsp sparkling wine or ginger ale
- Edible glitter or coarse, white sparkling sugar for decorating
- To prepare the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside. Fit a stand mixer with the whip attachment. Whip the eggs and sugar on medium speed until they're light, creamy, and pale yellow. Reduce the speed to medium-low and add the vanilla, oil, orange extract, wine, and orange zest, mixing until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the lined muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 16–20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, place the vanilla icing in a mixing bowl and fold in the orange zest, orange extract, and wine. Spoon the frosting into a decorating bag with a large star tip. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with glitter.