Meatball Sub on a Stick
- Your favorite messy sub just became a walk-and-eat party food. We incorporated every part of the sandwich into this recipe...from the roll to the cheese!
This recipe is prepared with the OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (K39810).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (11-oz) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 10" bamboo skewers
- 36 frozen, precooked mini meatballs, defrosted
- 6 thin Provolone cheese slices
- 3 cups marinara
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Unroll the dough and separate it into 12 breadsticks. Brush each breadstick with olive oil and then sprinkle on the Italian seasoning. Thread one end of a breadstick on a skewer. Then, skewer 1 meatball. Leave 1/4" between the dough and the meatball. Thread the breadstick and 2 additional meatballs on the skewer. Place the skewer on a nonstick cookie sheet and build the remaining "subs," placing each about a 1/2" apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the subs are baking, cut the Provolone in half to make half-moon shapes and heat the marinara. After 10 minutes, place 1 half of Provolone on each sub and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve with the warm marinara.