Marinated & Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups dry sherry wine
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2-2 lbs flank steak
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked,
- Chimichurri Sauce, for serving
- In a shallow, nonreactive bowl large enough to hold the steak, combine the sherry wine, sherry vinegar, red onions, garlic, and olive oil. Stir to blend well. Lay the steak over the marinade and turn so that it is coated on both sides. Wrap loosely and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with the salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain and serving with the Chimichurri sauce. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipes provided by Emeril Lagasse. Originally appeared in Emeril at the Grill, copyright HarperStudio Publishers, New York, 2009. Also provided courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.