- Bring the flavors of New Orleans home and celebrate Mardi Gras with these easy, tasty cups.
This recipe is prepared with the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set (K41693).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 lb fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8.5-oz) package precooked, seasoned red beans and rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 30 pre-made mini filo cups
- 1-1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook and crumble the chorizo over medium heat in a large skillet. Drain. Return the sausage to the pan and add the tomatoes, red beans and rice, salt, and pepper. Cook the filling until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place the filo cups onto a baking sheet. Fill each cup with about 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons of filling. Top each cup with cheese and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.