Maple-Glazed Salmon Bites with Apples & Chives
- 2 4-oz salmon fillets, cut into 1/2'' cubes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 apples, cored & sliced into half-moons
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 bunch fresh chives, cut into 1'' lengths
- Prepare the salmon by cubing it and tossing it in a bowl with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the apples and distribute them on a serving platter in a decorative manner.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the oil and when it's very hot, add the salmon and brown on all sides for 2–3 minutes. (If you have a press, you can gently press the salmon cubes while they cook to get a darker brown sear without over cooking.)
- Add the maple syrup to the pan and toss the salmon in the bubbling syrup until it starts to turn brown. Remove the pan from the heat immediately.
- Place a piece of salmon on each half-moon of apple and top with a crisscross of two pieces of chive. Serve warm or cold. Serves 8–10 as hors d'ouevres.