- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Lightly oil a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet, and then warm it in the oven.
- Place the sugar and water in a 2-quart saucepan and cook over low heat, swirling the pan slowly, until the mixture is melted and pale golden in color.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and nuts and cook, stirring until the nuts are golden, about 1 minute. Quickly pour the caramel mixture onto the foil, tilting the baking sheet to spread evenly before it hardens.
- Cool the brittle on a rack until completely hardened, and then break into large pieces. This will keep in an airtight container for 3 days.
This recipe is prepared using the Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Metal 15" Baking Sheet (K300469).