Lobster Crostini with Chipotle Cream
- 4 thinly sliced rounds of baguette
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 8 thin slices of English cucumber
- 1 lobster tail (5–6 oz)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp chopped chipotle pepper in adobo
- 2 fresh chive leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Prepare the lobster tail by cutting down the center of the lobster tail shell, leaving the tail intact. Slide your fingers underneath the lobster and pull the tail up out of the shell to rest on top of the shell. Brush the lobster with melted butter and season with salt. Bake the lobster tail in the oven for 8–9 minutes. Remove the lobster from the oven and let it cool. Once cool, remove the lobster tail from the shell and chop the lobster into fine dice. Set aside in the refrigerator
- Put the smashed garlic clove in the remaining butter and let it simmer gently on the stovetop. Toast the baguette rounds in the oven while the lobster is baking. When lightly brown, remove the bread from the oven and brush with the garlic butter. Set aside at room temperature.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peak stage with a whisk. Beat in the chopped chipotle and season with a little salt. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Assemble the crostini: Place 2 slices of cucumber on each crostini and top with a couple of teaspoons of the chopped lobster. Using a squeeze bottle or piping bag, pipe some of the chipotle cream on top of the lobster and garnish with a piece of chive.
- All the parts of this little appetizer can be prepared ahead of time and just assembled at the last minute.