Lobster Bisque Macaroni and Cheese
- The holidays are a special time of year and are meant to be enjoyed to the fullest. This rich, decadent recipe is prepared with chunks of lobster meat and a little saffron, making it perfect for your once-a-year celebration.
This recipe is prepared with Lobster Gram lobster tails.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
Mac and Cheese:
- 3 cups dry large shell pasta, cooked according to the package directions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp cooking sherry
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 lb cooked lobster meat, medium diced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 cups oyster crackers, crushed into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot. Sauté the shallots and celery until translucent. Stir in the tomato pasta and cook for about a minute. Stir in the thyme and flour and cook for another minute. Add the vegetable stock, milk, sherry, and saffron, if using. Stir and heat until the liquid begins to simmer and has thickened. Add the mozzarella, cream cheese, salt, and pepper and stir until the cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Add the cooked pasta and lobster and fold into cheese sauce until coated. Place 6 ramekins on a baking sheet and divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- To prepare the crumb topping, melt the butter over medium heat in a small skillet. Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the oyster crackers, parsley, and paprika. Top each filled ramekin with the crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly