Jacqueline Kennedy Classic Leather Handbag
The Inside Story
Jackie mastered the art of international relations and diplomacy during JFK's presidency. She was immeasurably influential in her husband's foreign policy. When King Hassan of Morocco visited the White House, she spearheaded the unprecedented diplomatic move to meet him and his family at the D.C. train station instead of the White House. Jackie chose to wear the original version of this handbag to that meeting on March 30, 1963.
Information provided by Phil Katz.
- Trapezoid shape, double handle knotted on each side, bow accent on front fold-over flap, magnetic snap closure
- Lined interior, one zip pocket, two slip pockets
- Measures approximately 12"W x 10-1/2"H x 4"D with a 6" strap drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 12 oz
- Body 100% leather; lining polyurethane/cotton twill
- Clean with dry cloth and professional leather cream
- Made in China
End of an Era
For the past 10 years, we've had the honor & privilege of sharing Jacqueline Kennedy's story with you through the romance of her jewelry & accessories collection. From the start, we always knew that the pieces would be limited in availability & duration. Due to your amazing support & loyalty, we've enjoyed extending the timeline far beyond our original intentions. Now we feel it's time to bring this fabulous chapter to a close. We've rendered all the pieces in her collection that are currently available to us, and we'll continue to offer the line only as long as inventory exists.
Information provided by On-Air Guest Phil Katz.