Inside Out Caramel Apples
- Even though the kids will love them, too, I call these my grown-up caramel apples. They're far less messy than the caramel-dipped apples we all grew up with but just as flavorful and decadent—if not more!
This recipe is prepared with the Anolon Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel 3-Piece Double Boiler Set (K302897).
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (16-oz) bag caramel squares
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granola
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Halve each apple and scoop out the core plus a bit more extra flesh with a melon baller. Drizzle lemon juice on the apples to prevent browning.
- Melt the caramel squares and corn syrup in a double boiler and then allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pat the cut apples with a paper towel, pour the melted caramel sauce into the cavities, and sprinkle with granola. Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes. Cut the apples into slices and drizzle with caramel topping, if desired.