- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 3–4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large red or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- 3–4 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 handfuls fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp butter
- Brown the beef in coconut oil. Put on a medium simmer with the onions while they soften up.
- Throw in the salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic and season to taste. Add the carrots. Add red wine and Worcestershire sauce. Add enough water so the meat is mostly covered.
- Let this all stew for about 30–45 minutes on a medium heat. Add the berries in the last 10 minutes with the butter to coat. When the carrots are fork-tender, the stew is ready to serve.
Recipe provided by Stacey Stauffer.