Rated 3.3 out of 5 by 4
Rated 3 out of 5 by adorable doris Nice
This isnt the greatest piece in the world but it is nice The price is right and I like the sentiment
Rated 5 out of 5 by violet alyssum Beautiful ! ...Not just for sisters, either!
This charm looks like what I'd expect to find at that Blue Box store in 18K gold and diamonds for thousands of dollars. I hope Hallmark & QVC continue partnering, and come up with a full line of charms/pendants to use for CHARM NECKLACES.
It's a natural. Easy to add more for birthdays, holidays, or any special day, without concern for bracelet sizes. And it's less likely to break, catch on anything, or loose charms, since it's not knocking onto computer keyboards, desks, or bathroom sinks, or getting caught while digging into pockets, or while searching through handbags.
The first one that I collected/created was almost 20 years ago, primarily of various hearts. The second one---on a 30" sterling silver round snake chain (1/16" wide, both chain and end)---is gorgeous, and I get compliments EVERY TIME I wear it. It includes two different hearts (one with blue & white CZ's), a bird, an angel, a peace sign, a little swirl of 7 small round CZ's, Or Paz initials, and an Or Paz Labradorite pendant (J286308, discontinued). Except for the pendant, they're small but differ in sizes. Unique and very personal, I can assign any meaning I want to each one.
Now, I'm collecting gold-clad charms and smaller pendants for an 18K gold-clad sterling silver 28" snake chain. (Sorry, not QVC. They didn't have any.) Because I love gardening---flowers in particular---this one from Hallmark is PERFECT. (Adore my sister, so it will have TWO special meanings.) Another I just received is a pretty, delicate Affinity Guardian Angel. (Both chains are fine, but not as fine as others I've seen, and I had no problem working the clasps.) QVC didn't have the initials I needed in the two styles I liked, so I'll continue checking.
CREATE A CHARM NECKLACE FOR YOURSELF OR FOR A GIFT.
1. 28" to 30" round snake chain, 1/16" wide all the way to the end. Otherwise, end might not fit through the charm ring or pendant bail . And if the chain is too narrow, it might be too light, and not have the strength for weight of multiple charms.
2. If using charms from necklaces, make sure the charms are removable. Jeweler can help, if necessary.
3. Definitely add Diamonique or Affinity pieces for sparkle.
4. Anything hanging from earring shepherd hooks (or some other types, too) can also be used. Jeweler can open the jump ring at the end, and reuse it or replace with larger one, for the snake chain to fit through. Probably very inexpensive. Ask for a quote.
5. With some of us already having a surplus of chains, these "leftovers" can be used for tweeners and younger. Start one for THEM, too---they'd love it. Some might not be particular, so plastic and mystery metal charms/pendants would be perfect for their first Charm Necklace. If chain is lightweight, avoid too many, or heavy charms. Hanging down at 18"-20", it's the perfect drop length for shorter "fashionettes".
Rated 4 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer BEAUTIFUL AND TOUCHING WORDS
Bought this for my sister and myself. Package was beautifully displayed and my sister actually cried when she received it.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Janesplace Chain broke
If I could have given no stars I would have. Got as gift for my sister. Just wore several times and chain broke. Too late to return. Waste of money.