Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 106
Rated 3 out of 5 by Tavia Color Choice Not Accurate
The product is easy to use. However, when it dried, the color was at least two shades darker than depicted on the container. After all that work, at some point I'll have to re-do because there's just too much difference. The color I wanted was exactly as shown!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jonthedmbfan Patience Needed, Results Are Worth It
This product is great. We recently purchased a 26 year old home that has required a lot of cosmetic updates and renovations, and our budget at this point didn't allow for us to replace the large amount of continuous tile from the foyer, powder room, kitchen and laundry room. The grout was pitch black, making the floor and the house look beyond filthy, no matter how clean we kept the floor. We applied the almond color to the grout, and an instant transformation occurred, making the floor look brand new and clean. We had used this product in the past and learned a few tips for applying the grout sealer which we'd like to share:
1. Don't use the wheel or the supplied brush attachment. Buy some stiff bristle artist brushes and prepare to be on your hands and knees (or belly# for a long time. Pour the product into a cup and paint it on, line by line;
2. I found that I could move rather quickly if I didn't care too much about getting the product on the tile;
3. I did not wipe off the excess product with a sponge as I went. Rather, I let the grout dry for 24 hours and then came back to remove the dried product from the tile;
4. To remove the dried product from the tile, I have found that a dampened face cloth has worked well, scrubbing the floor at the edges of the grout lines;
5. I also decided to try 100% pure acetone - poured onto paper towels and ran right over the entire floor, being sure to focus on the areas around the grout lines. For the most part, the excess product came right up, revealing a beautiful floor underneath. Be sure not to scrub the actual grout too hard as the acetone can remove some of the product from the grout, but this was not a big issue for me considering that I was doing two coats on the entire floor. The acetone actually works to return the product to its liquid state, so even if the grout line is hit, discoloration was not a big issue for us #however, my wife wasn't thrilled that I used all of her acetone when she went to do her nails...#.
In short, if you have patience, then this product is for you. It completely and totally transformed our fixer-upper, and if the tile were not outdated we would see no other reason to replace the floor in the near future. This product will happily buy you time on full floor replacement, and make your floors gleam in the interim;
When we do replace the floor #relatively soon), I will be applying this to the new floor grout instead of the traditional grout sealer, as I know how great it holds up and how much of a difference it makes overall.
Rated 5 out of 5 by gracelikerain Pretty New Grout
I am always skeptical about these types of products so i initially ordered 1 tube to give it a try. Oh my word!!! It did such a great job we ordered 4 more to complete our large kitchen/dining area. The difference is amazing. I'm not sure why some people say this didn't work for them. We have 16x16 tiles with a wide grout line and it worked really well with one pass. Yes it's time consuming, but so is scrubbing your grout every few months. I will buy more when tan comes back in stock so I can do my office area next!
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dan57 Disappointed
I tried it and the I did not like the results. I trashed the product since I was past my 30 day return policy. My loss.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JeaninKing Just as advertised
I used this product on stained grout and it did a fantastic job, it takes a little effort since you are on the floor but it is truly worth it.
Rated 1 out of 5 by MaxieMoo88 Very Messy
This product probably would work with a thick grout, but not on bathroom tile. Product wouldn't event sit in the grout lines. Very inconsistent applicator as well. It's like putting white out on your floor. When I wiped to remove excess, the sponge pulled the product out of the grout line with very little pressure. Left a white film on the floor. I scrubbed it off and am sending it back. #bleachpen
Rated 5 out of 5 by silke Best PRODUCT -SUPER SIZE PLEASE
EASY TO USE, WORKS GREAT AND LOOKS EVEN BETTER, PLEASE SUPER SIZE THIS ITEM
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bargello Great Product!
I live in an 11 year old home. I bought it 4 years ago. The tile was never sealed. I had it steam cleaned, but the grout still always looked dirty. I have scrubbed and scrubbed. The floor is over 3000 square feet of tile! Not an option to rip it out and replace. I saw this product and thought, "What do I have to lose?" Well, I started in the laundry room, and what a difference. The floor looks like freshly laid tile. I am now working my way around the floor doing sections at a time. This applies a bit like shoe polish, and you use the same wiping down with a damp sponge technique as you would with laying new tile. So, maybe a tad of a learning curve, but not much. The almond was a perfect match to my grout. There will always be a bottle of this in my cupboard in case I need it. Thank you so much for saving me thousands of dollars in a new floor.