Grilled Tuna Salad Sandwiches with Apples, Walnuts & Celery
- 2 5-oz fillets of albacore tuna
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 red-skinned apple, cored & finely diced
- 3 Tbsp toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 slices sourdough or Ciabatta bread
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat a nonstick grill pan (or outdoor grill) over high heat. Lightly brush the tuna fillets with olive oil and grill until just cooked through, about 2–3 minutes per side, depending on how hot your grill is. Remove fish to a side plate and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, celery, apples, walnuts, chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Break the tuna into the bowl and toss with the mayonnaise mixture. Season the tuna salad with a little squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Toast or grill the bread slices and assemble the sandwiches with butter lettuce. Serves 4–6.