Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa
- 4 9" bamboo skewers
- 16–20 large shrimp (about 1 lb), peeled and deveined, leaving tail shell intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper, cracked coarsely
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb ripe mango, pitted, peeled, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded & minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour. Thread 5 shrimp onto each skewer, threading each shrimp through the tail end and then again through the head end; arrange on a large plate.
- In small bowl whisk oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and chili powder until combined; rub over shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator, turning once.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or preheat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill shrimp 2.5â3.5 minutes per side until just cooked through. The shrimp will be just barely opaque in thickest part when cut with a knife. Serve with salsa.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature while shrimp marinate.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse.