- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 small shrimp (about 1/2 lb)
- 4 split-top hot dog buns
- Melted butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, to squeeze
- Combine the lemon juice, hot sauce, paprika, garlic cloves, olive oil, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and toss well to coat. Let the shrimp marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill until hot (when you hold your hand 1 to 2" above the grill grates, you want to pull it away after 2 or 3 seconds). Place the griddle plates in the BBQ Grill Pan. Preheat the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the pan is preheating, combine the mayonnaise and pickle relish in a small bowl. Season with salt and some fresh lemon juice.
- Brush the sides of the hot dog buns with butter and use one side of the pan to toast the buns on all sides until nicely browned. As the buns are just finishing, drain the shrimp from the marinade and place the shrimp on the other side of the pan. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Then, assemble the rolls by spreading some of the pickle mayonnaise on the buns and filling with about 5 shrimp per sandwich.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence.