Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki Glaze
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 4 fillets of salmon (5–6 oz each)
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
From the cookbook, Blue Jean Chef: Comfortable in the Kitchen by Meredith Laurence.
- Make the teriyaki glaze. Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, honey, garlic, gingerroot, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes in a small nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer gently for 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Set aside.
Preheat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
Dry the salmon well with a paper towel and brush both sides with a little vegetable oil. Season the fish well with salt and pepper. Place the flesh side of the salmon face down on the grill pan. Grill for 3 minutes. Flip the fish and then brush immediately with the teriyaki glaze. Grill for another 3 minutes and then remove. Brush with more glaze before serving. Serves 4.