Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Bundles
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp dill
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/2'' thick
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (16-oz) ball smoked Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional garnish)
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, basil, dill, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Brush both sides of the eggplant with the olive oil and vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half of the eggplant slices on a tray and top with a piece of smoked Mozzarella, followed by a slice of tomato, and another piece of Mozzarella. Then, top with the remaining eggplant slices. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on each tomato as you build the bundles.
- To cook the bundles with the Rangemate, preheat the microwave grill on high for 5 minutes. Arrange the bundles on the grill. Cover and cook on high for 2 more minutes, carefully flip, then cook on high for an additional 3 minutes, or until fork tender.
- To cook the bundles on a barbecue grill, preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the bundles on the grill. Cook for approximately 5–7 minutes; carefully flip, then cook an additional 5–7 minutes until fork tender.
- Just before serving, garnish the bundles with a generous sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe is prepared with the Rangemate Multi-Cooker Nonstick Microwave Grill (K40746).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.