- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced fresh ginger
- 3 limes, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks, defrosted
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup club soda
- To prepare the syrup, bring the water, sugar, and ginger to a simmer in a small saucepan. When the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and chill. When the syrup has chilled, strain and discard the ginger.
- To prepare the mojito, remove the stem ends from 2 of the limes and slice into 1/8"–thick rounds. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Place the lime rounds, mint leaves, pineapple chunks, and 1/4 cup of the ginger syrup into a serving pitcher.
- Mash the lime and mint with a muddler or with the handle of a wooden spoon to release the juices and oils. Add the rum, pineapple juice, 1 additional cup of the ginger syrup, and club soda and stir. Fill each glass with ice and pour the mojito into each glass. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.
This recipe is prepared using the Rachel Ray Stoneware Crock with 5-Piece Bamboo Tool Set (K31340).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.