German Chocolate Caramel Cake
- This five-ingredient cake is in honor of my mom, who loves German Chocolate Cake above all else. The gooey, caramel center in this cake makes it a decadent dessert.
This recipe is prepared with the Temp-tations® Floral Lace 18-Piece Bake and Serve Set (K41206).
- 1 German chocolate cake mix
- 1 bag caramels, unwrapped (about 50)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (6-oz) package semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Make the cake according to the package instructions. Pour half the cake batter into a pan and bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place the caramels and milk in a saucepan and cook on low heat until melted, stirring often.
- Sprinkle the baked cake with chocolate chips and pecans and cover with the warm caramel. Pour the remaining cake batter over the mixture and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the top cake layer is baked through. Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.