Genius Speed Slicer Plus with Storage Container
works great, doesn't take a lot of space
I actually bought a food processor just to do all the things this wonderful slicer does. The food processor is now packed up and going to a nephew. One thing I would like changed...it would be nice if all the components fit into the storage container.
Great for all vegetables and my son loves that I make his apples look like fries!
Difficult to set up
The different levels of cutting were difficult to arrange. Sent it back within the 30 days.
Slices great and makes prepping easier. The only drawback is the container shattered when it only slipped from the strainer into the sink about a 12 inch drop. Cant find a replacement for it
I ordered this to replace another I had that I wasn't happy with. The slicing on this is amazingly fast. The piece that holds the vege in place while cutting really helps protect my fingers!
Give it a 5 plus!
Been looking quite awhile to find a replacement for my previous "brand name" slicer which was more trouble than it was worth. The Slicer Plus is easy to use and clean. Thanks QVC! Grandma S.
PS: My husband uses it more than I do and loves it.
What every kitchen should have....
This slicer makes vegetable and fruit prep a breeze. The safety features are great, especially the little "box" for small items. I make soup a lot in the fall and winter to freeze and this cuts the prep time down to practically nothing. If it all stored in the container it would be even better.
I just received this last week. I had literally worn out a similar item (different brand) because I liked it so much. This one is every bit as good -- and about half the price. Blades are extremely sharp, sturdy construction and very versatile. So happy I happened to see it on the show.
Can't find the way to open & clean the other side
Okay, this is a great food prep tool for home meals of quantity (casseroles etc to feed us for a couple of weeks) except a couple of things:
1. The little push tabs on the blade part didn't push in right, and there's one tab broken off. I keep it in a baggie. I can open that side by catching that bottom part with a knife point, and the other side's tab works fine. So I flip the blade part back, use the generic paintbrush with soap to wash it all off. Nice and clean, ready to air dry.
2. But I can see chunks of onion and spud down under the other side: the 0-8 depth adjuster. Running the faucet under there won't budge it. Toothbrush doesn't fit. Banging it against my hands doesn't dislodge it. So I got a squeeze bottle with a small nozzle and rigged up a drink straw (Yeppers!! Duct Tape to the rescue!) and got that mostly focused at the offending piece of onion. (Boy, by now it's been 45 minutes and I'm really crying over this red onion.) (Actually cursing up a storm) .
3. Still can't find a way to get the food out from under it.
Ain't no tabs, ain't no releases,
just frustratin' locked down pieces.
4. Went out in the yard and found an old washtub that this piece will fit in and got hot soapy water and swirled the unit in it for 15-20 minutes, pulled it out and hit it up under the offending part with the pistol-grip hose stream.
5. Not sure WHAT'S up under there now because I was frustrated and didn't wash the old washtub out before I soaped'n'soaked, but I cannot see any onion parts. I think I need a dentist's mirror to look but I hate using those cuz my teeth hurt in sympathy. So I just banged it against my hand again, then hung it out to dry in front of a fan and will hope for the best. This little sucker's too good a tool to just toss it out for some left over onion.
6. But this means I can't use it for any commercial prep work. Sad. QVC has a good product otherwise.
This is a great kitchen tool, but beware it is extremely sharp and can inflict injury! It makes quick results for cutting slicing and Julian your veggies.
If it didnt cost so much to send back it would be on its way! I hate this thing! No matter what I used so far it gets stuck or jammed up on the underside around the blade...you have to stop and clear it out and start again...so aggrivating! I tried slicing potatoes, slice and dice tomatoes, and onions...all got jammed up.
Preview Your Review
I really like this except for a couple of things. The first time I used it I noticed little red dots in the food (I have the red one).After looking, I realized they were pieces of the handy grip that had been shaved off while slicing the food. The other thing I think needs to be redesigned is the sizing. It would be great if pieces would fit inside the storage container, but they do not. So it actually is difficult to store. It takes up a lot of room and there are 3 separate pieces. Not convenient. For these reasons I would not recommend it to others.
This product is easy to use and works well.
It is great for slicing potatoes and making home made hash browns.