Makes 24 Cookies
- Why limit yourself this holiday? Have another helping of eggnog by making these cookies!
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid 5-Qt 325-Watt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge (K41660).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1–1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- To prepare the cookies, first preheat the oven to 350°F. Fit a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and cream together the butter, sugar, and rum extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Roll about 2 tsp of the dough into a circle and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving about 1" between each cookie. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- To make the frosting, cream together the butter, salt, milk, and rum extract. Add 1 cup of confectioners' sugar, or more if needed, to get the desired thickness. Spread about 2 tsp of the frosting on each cookie. In a tiny bowl, combine the cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle a bit on each cookie to garnish.