- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 (26-oz) jar of pasta sauce (I like tomato-basil)
- 1/2 package extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian six cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Sauté the onion in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add the garlic and sauté for just a minute or so before adding the pasta sauce, egg noodles, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8–10 minutes, or until the pasta is just tender and the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir in the salt and crushed red pepper.
- Stir together the ricotta and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a small bowl.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of cheese blend over the pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and the cheese is melted. (If you want brown, bubbly cheese, stick the skillet in a 400°F oven, uncovered, for a few minutes.)
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the dish stand for about 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, if desired.
This recipe is prepared with the Cook's Essentials® 18-Piece Porcelain Enamel Cookware Set with Dupont Nonstick (K41304).