- 4 egg whites
- 5 oz raspberry jam
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the raspberry jam into a bowl and loosen by stirring with a fork or small whisk.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites to stiff peak stage—that is when the egg whites will stand up tall from the whisk when you remove the whisk from the bowl. Use a balloon whisk or electric mixer for this. Add the pinch of salt at the very end of whisking.
- Prepare the cast iron saucepots by buttering the insides and dusting with sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the jam in batches. Spoon this mixture into the cast iron saucepots, piling the mixture high. Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes or until risen high and lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately with some raspberry coulis and chocolate sauce.
** These soufflés can be made ahead of time. You can refrigerate the batter for up to 4 hours head of time. Then spoon the mixture into the prepared saucepots and proceed with the recipe.