- 1/2 lb penne
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz cream cheese
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil and place a large skillet over the lowest possible heat. Bring all the cheeses and cream out of the refrigerator to come as close to room temperature as possible.
- Add the penne to the boiling water and cook according to the box instructions until al dente. Remove 1/4 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the penne.
- Immediately transfer the penne to the warm skillet and add all remaining ingredients. Stir well. If necessary, loosen the pasta a little with the reserved pasta water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss in the freshly herbs. Serves 2–3.
If you enjoyed this recipe,get a version like it & over 100 others in my cookbook, Blue Jean Chef: Comfortable in the Kitchen.