Dumpy Pumpkin Cake
- This easy, yummy dessert is perfect for Thanksgiving Day. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can really make it your own by adding any ingredient on top…use a candy you have on hand or your favorite fall cookie.
This recipe is prepared with Temp-tations® Floral Lace 18-Piece Bake and Serve Set (K41206).
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (10-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup broken graham crackers (not crumbs)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and spice. Pour the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top, followed by the nuts, graham crackers, and toffee. Pour the melted butter evenly over all. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.