Whole-Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries & Toasted Almonds
- 1-1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Nonstick spray
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-2 cups slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- Light maple syrup, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, white flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the butter, buttermilk, and eggs until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Heat the frittata pan over medium heat and grease the surface with some nonstick spray. Ladle the batter onto the surface to form one large pancake. Sprinkle with desired amount of blueberries and almonds. Once bubbles form on the top of the pancake, flip the pan over and cook on the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve pancakes with light maple syrup.