Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- If you want this to be more of a soup, just add more broth. Our family likes it to be more about the shredded chicken and vegetables, so I don't use much broth. If you have any leftovers, add more broth to it the next day, and use it for another meal. This dish is a staple in our house...so simple, so hearty, so good!
- 1 bag of wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 lb carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 cans (4-6 cups) chicken broth
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, and bay leaf in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies and pour the broth on top. Cook for 8 hours on low.
- When the time is up, remove the bay leaf and shred the chicken (inside the slow-cooker) with two forks. Serve spoonfuls over the cooked noodles.