Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (16-oz) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-oz) jar spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix together the pork, bread crumbs, eggs, rosemary, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, mold the mixture in small meatballs measuring about 1'' in diameter.
- Pour the oil into a large sauté pan and set the temperature to medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs in batches and brown on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside. Drain the excess grease.
- In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Add the cranberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well incorporated. Add the meatballs back into the pan with the sauce. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.