- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup corn niblets, fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Using a fork, pastry blender, or your hands, add the butter pieces to the flour and mix until coarse little crumbles remain.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg and honey in a medium-size bowl. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir with a spoon until just combined. Do not over mix. (You can also use your hands to bring the dough together.)
- Fold in the cheddar cheese, corn, and jalapeños. Use a 1/4 cup and drop the batter onto a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with buttermilk. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
This recipe is prepared with the Mad Hungry 2-Piece AirBlade Knife Set with Sheaths (K41710).