Classic Homemade Stuffing
- Don't reserve stuffing just for the holidays. It's too good to enjoy only once or twice a year…especially when it's a classic recipe like this one. Every bite is like a warm, welcome home.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 24 cups 1" bread cubes, toasted
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups diced onions
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, parsley, and sage. Sauté until the veggies are soft and cooked through. Add the chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour the liquid onto the bread cubes and fold together until absorbed. Place the stuffing in a buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for a half hour. Remove the foil and bake for another half hour.