- 2 large, round sourdough bread loaves (1 for baking, 1 for dipping)
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6-oz) cans minced clams, drained but liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top off of one loaf of bread. Hollow out the inside and break (or cube) the pieces into bite-size portions.
- In an electric mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, clam liquid, clam juice, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well until combined. Fold in the drained clams and green onion.
- Spoon dip mixture into hollowed out bread bowl. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the dip is baking, cut the second loaf of bread into bite-size pieces for dipping.
This recipe is prepared with the KitchenAid 721 Series 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer (K39602).