Chorizo, Shrimp & Corn Salad
- 3 ears corn
- 3 links raw Chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 12 small red skinned potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 lb large shrimp (20-25 shrimp)
- 1 pint cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 4 oz arugula (6 cups, roughly)
- Preheat your outdoor grill until hot. Remove a few of the husks from the ears of corn, leaving at least 2-3 layers on. Place the ears of corn on the grill. Grill the corn for 10 minutes or so, turning every 3 minutes, making sure the husks brown but do not catch on fire.
- Remove from the grill, and when cool enough to touch, remove the remaining husks and slice the kernels off the ears into a bowl.
- Using either skewers or a grill basket, grill the potato chunks and chorizo sausage slices until cooked through, tossing to coat the potatoes with the fat from the chorizo. Add the shrimp for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking and then transfer everything to the bowl with the corn kernels.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and basil leaves to the bowl as well. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the lemon juice over everything, followed by the olive oil.
- Toss together and then gently introduce the arugula. Toss again gently and serve. Serves 4-6.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence.