Chocolate Peanut Butter Fried Ice Cream
- 1 qt chocolate peanut-butter cup ice cream
- 4 cups chocolate-flavored whole-grain corn and oat cereal, finely crushed
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts, finely crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Chocolate sauce, for serving
- Spoon out 8 large balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Freeze for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Combine the crushed cereal with the crushed peanuts in a large bowl. Dip the chilled ice-cream balls in the crumb mixture; refreeze for 45 minutes. Do not discard the crumbs.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl. Dip the coated ice-cream balls into the eggs and then into the crumb mixture, coating completely. Put the ice cream back onto the sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours.
Cover and refrigerate the egg and sugar mixture.
- Repeat the coating process once again and refreeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat a deep fryer to 375°F. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Place one ball into the oil and fry for about 25-35 seconds. Remove from the oil and place on the paper towel-lined plate. Repeat.
- Place each ball on a dessert plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.