Chocolate PB&B Sandwich
- Growing up, my mom always made me a peanut butter and banana sandwich instead of PB&J. This is our grown-up version of a childhood classic...it's ooey, gooey, and an incredible dessert.
This recipe is prepared with the Emeril Pro Series 2-Piece Raised Cullen E-Knife Set (K42273).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (16-oz) frozen butter pound cake, thawed
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 10 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 (1.55-oz) bars Hershey's milk chocolate
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Trim the sides (about 1/4") of the pound cake to make a flat, even surface. Discard the edges. Cut the pound cake into 10 even slices.
- Spread 1 side of 5 pound cake slices with half of the softened butter and then place them, butter-side down, on a piece of parchment paper. Spread a teaspoon of peanut butter on the inside of all 10 slices. Arrange the bananas over the pound cake slices on the parchment paper. Place 4 squares of the Hershey's chocolate on top of the banana. Top with the other 5 slices of pound cake and spread all the outside tops with the rest of the butter. Press together gently.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Place the pound cake sandwiches into the skillet and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Gently flip the pound cake sandwiches and cook for another 3–4 minutes.
- Place in the skillet in the oven for 2–3 minutes, or until the chocolate has softened. Remove the pan from the oven, place onto a cooling rack, and let it cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.