Chocolate Banana Pudding with Meringue
- 2 (2-oz) packages of cook & serve vanilla pudding
- 6 cups milk
- 4 bananas
- 1 (12-oz) bag of miniature chocolate chips
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare the pudding mixes with milk according to the package directions; cook until thick. Set aside to cool.
- With a stand or hand mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed with the cream of tartar and salt until they hold soft peaks. Slowly add the sugar, beating until meringue just holds the stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Line a 3-1/2 qt baking dish with vanilla wafers. Pour in the pudding. Scatter the banana slices on top of the pudding followed by the chocolate chips. Spread the meringue on top of the pudding mixture, covering it completely. Bake until the meringue is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool completely.