- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, shallots, and oregano. Pulse until well blended but do not purée.
- Add the kosher salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Transfer sauce to a nonreactive bowl and cover with plastic wrap for at least 2 hours, and as many as 6 hours, at room temperature. Chimichurri sauce will keep refrigerated in a nonreactive, airtight container for up to 3 days. Makes about 2-1/2 cups sauce.
Recipes provided by Emeril Lagasse. Originally appeared in Emeril at the Grill, copyright HarperStudio Publishers, New York, 2009. Also provided courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.