- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup medium-diced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-oz) canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (4.5-oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 (8-oz) packages shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat from the meat and place the mixture in a large bowl. Add the macaroni, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, cheddar cheese soup, oregano, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1 bag of the cheese. Mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place mixture into a 2" deep 9" x 13" pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the dish is bubbly and golden brown on top.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.